Does EPA have a role in ensuring the validity of Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs)?
The Renewable Fuels Standard (RFS) regulations are clear that invalid RINs may not be used for compliance.
EPA does not certify or otherwise validate RINs. In providing regulated parties with the flexibility of purchasing RINs to meet RFS requirements, EPA stated that the buyer must beware.
- Clean Air Act
- Cleanup Enforcement
- Criminal Enforcement
- Data Requests
- Enforcement Annual Results
- Environmental Justice
- Fuel Waivers
- General Enforcement Questions
- National Enforcement Training Institute (NETI)
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- NPDES e-Reporting Rule
- Pesticide Producers
- Report a Violation
- Topic #: 23002-32971
- Date Created: 12/21/2011
- Last Modified Since: 09/30/2014
- Viewed: 2578